(OT:) Perhaps we should adopt this for corrupt office holders!

From the BBC

In China the head of the Food and Drug Administration was executed for accepting kickbacks to look the other way to less than safe practices of some Chinese manufacturers that led to poisons appearing in toothpaste, pet food and pork products.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Don't be silly, Hachi. You'd depopulate DC and most of Eastern Massachusetts!

Charles of Schaumburg (And a large chunk of C(r)ook County.)

Reply to
n5hsr

So what is the down side?

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

And the problem with that would be???????

Reply to
Scott in Florida

the FDA needs to be over-hauled in this country....

Reply to
Go Mavz

the stench, but i guess either way they smell

Reply to
Go Mavz

As a pacifist I was trying to think of an excuse but I cannot!

Reply to
Go Mavz

Why? All we need is for current laws to be enforced.

Reply to
badgolferman

He's probably in the next tube of toothpaste you open. And if your dog or cat suddenly develops buck teeth and slanted eyes you'll know he was in the pet food.

Reply to
mark digital©

Oh, man! You gotta remember, I was married to a Chinese girl for 8 years! (In that case, expect an outbreak of Moon Face...) ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yeah, I know! Wouldn't it be marvelous?!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Gee, I'm glad to see so much levity over a guy losing his head! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

I like how you keep your cool in this 100 degree weather. I stepped outside to talk with the crew replacing my roof and the sun was beating down extremely hard so I quickly went back inside. I bet the inside of the factory you and I both worked in was unbearable.

Reply to
mark digital©

Reply to
EdV

So, is it true...is the slit really horizontal?

Reply to
sharx35

Don't they still use a bullet in the back of the head over there, then bill the perp's family for the cost of the bullet?

Reply to
sharx35

Or scream in Mandarin in the heat of passion

Reply to
EdV

Would have been a suiting end...

Reply to
Hachiroku

Sailor's first tour of duty, and his first Port-Of-Call is Singapore. He gets his whites on and goes running for the gangplank, and the Cheif collars him and says, "Look son, one thing you gotta know. Them Singapore women, well, it's on a /slant/, ya know?"

So he goes to the entertainment district and finds a place with hot music and dancing girls. While he's in having a beer, a Chinese guy in a suit comes up and says, "You want girl? I get you good girl!" The kid says, aw, I dunno...

The guy goes away, but 15 minutes later, he's back. "You want girl, I get you girl!" The kid says he's not sure, and the Chinese guy says, "I get you cutest girl around! You no be solly!" The kid hesitates again, and the Chinese guy says, "What, you no trust me?!" The kid says, No, it's not that, and tells him what the Cheif told him.

The Chinese guy whistles, and one of the cutest girls in the place comes over. He points to the stairs and says something in Chinese. The girl runs over to the stairs, runs up the stairs, and slides down the bannister. The Chinese guy turns to the sailor with his arms outstretched. The kids asks what was *that* all about?!

The Chinese guy says, "If it was on /slant/ then it go BLBLBLBLBLBLBLBLB...

Reply to
Hachiroku

But Illinois ain't ready for reform. And hasn't been for 100 years!

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr