OT Plan Uses Taxes to Fight Climate Change

"WASHINGTON -- Dealing with global warming will be painful, says one of the most powerful Democrats in Congress. To back up his claim he is proposing a recipe many people won't like _ a 50-cent gasoline tax, a carbon tax and scaling back tax breaks for some home owners."

Reply to
dbu`

He goes on to say:

"_A 50-cent-a-gallon tax on gasoline and jet fuel, phased in over five years, on top of existing taxes.

_A tax on carbon, at $50 a ton, released from burning coal, petroleum or natural gas.

_Phaseout of the interest tax deduction on home mortgages for homes over

3,000 square feet. Owners would keep most of the deduction for homes at the lower end of the scale, but it would be eliminated entirely for homes of 4,200 feet or more.
Reply to
Spirit&Opportunity

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, positively SHOCKED. To think one of the most powerful Dimocrats, the party of the average working man, in Congress would suggest several tax increases, let alone another new tax on the average working man, like a carbon tax. SHOCKING I say LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

They need to work out the details, after the election, LOL.

Reply to
dbu`

And where would this money go?

I'll bet you the entire tax increase NONE of it would go to reducing Carbon emissions...

Reply to
Hachiroku

I was watching the Discovery Channel How Its Made and there was a segment about mushrooms. Mushrooms take in oxygen and release carbon dioxide! (not to mention the heap full of $hit they grow in).

Reply to
mark digital©

Then we should have the dimmies gen up a mushroom tax to help save earth.

Reply to
dbu`