OT: Ray and Charles

Heard any good Coyote stories lately?!?!?!

(No, NOT Coyoteboy...)

Get me a Quizzno's, eh? ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Yup, just heard it on the radio. The county animal control people estimate that the coyote is 1-1/2 years old, he is in a kennel with water and dog food now. The coyote was hanging out in the cooler - he probably knew where the good stuff was ;-) What is surprising is that the Quizno's was right in the heart of downtown - there are no parks or natural areas for a pretty fair distance from the location.

Reply to
Ray O

You're one up on me. I did hear something about a coyote near 31st and something. That's way south of here. We're about 8000 North on the Chicago grid, I think.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

I saw the video on NBC news. Pretty cute guy just sitting in the open cooler.

Reply to
Art

Looking scared to death! How the hell did he get into the MIDDLE of the city?!?!?!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Pictures at 11!

Hachiroku

This was a Quizno's at 37 E. Adams in the Loop. Maybe since the Berghoff that was at 17 W. Adams closed, it had to get its meat fix elsewhere ;-)

They are going to let it loose at a nature preserve in Barrington, near our neck of the woods.

Reply to
Ray O

I've been to Berghoff's. Wow, that's quite a ways downtown.

They let so many loose in our part of the woods, maybe we ought to watch out the next full moon. . . .

Or is that just Werewolves and politicians?

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

There are supposedly coyotes in many of the parks in our areas, although I've never seen one. I don't see as many raccoons and rabbits as I used to, so perhaps the number of 4-footed predators has risen, along with the

2-footed ones ;-)
Reply to
Ray O