OT - Reason for hope...

witfal

Interesting to note this poll had a error of only 1 percent and a much larger sample size than all the other favorable hillary polls I've see.

BTW my Mac opens up the long URL with no problem, using option>click the URL in MT-Newswatcher.

Reply to
dbu.

Very interesting, indeed.

Of course. It's a Mac.

Reply to
witfal

"Clinton, a New York senator who has been at the top of the Democratic pack in national polls in the 2008 race, trails Republican candidates Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney, Fred Thompson, John McCain and Mike Huckabee by three to five percentage points in the direct matches."

I wonder why Ron Paul is not mentioned. I thought he was supposed to be very popular since he made millions of dollars from grass roots donations.

Reply to
badgolferman

"The interactive poll surveys individuals who have registered to take part in online polls."

How did Zogby calibrate this polling method? Adjustments always have to be made for each particular type of polling method, and people who register to be polled on the Internet probably aren't typical prospective voters but may skew younger, more affluent, better educated, and less conventional (I'd expect more Ron Paul fans than normal).

Reply to
beerspill

How does ANY pollster calibrate their method? Some subjectively, others not so.

Remember the old saw, "Have you stopped beating your wife?" You can't really answer some questions with a meaningful response.

Take a close look at some of the ridiculous ways poll questions are asked on CNN.com. They're DESIGNED to elicit responses that are intentionally positive or negative so as to ensure the desired results.

Most pollsters are hucksters. Zogby just happens to have a more accurate track record than most.

Reply to
witfal