OT: Republican Vs Democrat

Same old crap, brand new day...

Just a few years ago Democrats were barking and bitching about Republicans wanting to rid of the fillibuster. Now the opposite is true. Republicans want to use the fillibuster and Democrats call it injustice....

Republicans once called for an exit strategy in Belgrade... Democrats said that it couldnt be won over night. Now the tables have changed again.

The thing is, things never change in D.C.

Don't people get that our political system is broken and that the smoke screen is domestic policy issues that never truly change for or against?

Reply to
Go Mavs

You are absolutely correct. We don't really have a two party system anymore. We just have a bunch of career politicians who constantly change their promises to remain elected and in power. Absolute power corrupts and we really need to begin thinking about arming every citizen with the idea of maybe someday taking our country back to the way the Constitution meant it to be -- or at least scaring those self-centered egotists a bit. I really have become sick of the rhetoric and screwing of the American public by all politicians.

The illegal immigration issue is absolutely insane. Neither party is willing to do anything about it except grant amnesty in the hopes of getting the vote of those people in future elections.

The terrorism issue is something that should be uniting the entire country. All politicians should be working together to fight off this scourge rather than fighting each other.

I fear for my grandchildren's future. The way we are going right now they will be speaking Spanish and praying to Allah in public while paying 60% of their wages to the massive federal government in the hopes of not getting their heads chopped off for some stupid reason.

Reply to
badgolferman

Oh..... and how big was the coalition in Belgrade? Have the Democrats threatened to end fillibuster? I haven't heard any such threats but that is what the Republicans threatened to do.

Reply to
Art