{OT} smoke screen

A Financial Times investigation has uncovered widespread failings in the new markets for greenhouse gases, suggesting some organisations are paying for emissions reductions that do not take place.

Others are meanwhile making big profits from carbon trading for very small expenditure and in some cases for clean-ups that they would have made anyway.

The growing political salience of environmental politics has sparked a ?green gold rush?, which has seen a dramatic expansion in the number of businesses offering both companies and individuals the chance to go ?carbon neutral?, offsetting their own energy use by buying carbon credits that cancel out their contribution to global warming.

Reply to
badgolferman

The potential for fraud in this global warming charade is high.

Reply to
dbu.,

You expected anything less from the Loonie Left?

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

In message news: snipped-for-privacy@news.readfreenews.net, badgolferman sprach forth the following:

And Al Gore invented this shit.

Reply to
Fred Garvin, Male Prostitute

If you want to see the potential for fraud realized, just look to the contractors soaking up the dollars in Iraq.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

It is a drop in the bucket compared to the potential of the global warming charade. You must be planning on getting on the bandwagon because you defend it so much.

Reply to
dbu.,

You never saw me defend "it", whatever you mean by "it".

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

global warming of course.

Reply to
dbu.,

You've never seen me defend it. You probably saw me ask if you or your two little playmates thought asthma was an example of fake science, or if you believe it's real. If you noticed this question, you probably slammed it because you could not think about where the idea was headed next. The concept is brilliant. Want to know more?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom