OT: Sorry bout the OT's.. CHINA

Not that it matters much...

Anyway, anyone believe the Chinese government about the amount of people dead? And how about that Mynamar Junta?

Oh and JoeSpareAsshole -----> put your Bush comment here so the rest of us can talk about China and Mynamar.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

They may be the next regime brought before the World Court for mass genocide.

Reply to
badgolferman

Have you been cocktailing with Church-Wrecked Charles, or what?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What?? Do you think ChinaER would trump up the death toll for unscrupulous reasons? Disgusting.

Million dead in Mynamar, yep a million and they haven't even found them all yet, mighty good counting I'd say.

Reply to
dbu

You'd think that after seeing the country in the news so much over the past few days, you'd be able to spell it.

And, China has more of a tendency to play DOWN the death toll during disaster, to make it appear that their fabulous utopian experiment solves all problems. They've been playing this game for at least the past 50 years, which you would've know if you read anything.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

They then had even more deaths? My God.

The chinaER is a takeoff from JFK when he called Cuba Cuber. I doubt you would have got it, I was right. Never mind.

Reply to
dbu

Think of the SARS epidemic & the lack of forthrightness on China's part until it was basically forced out into the open. OTOH, with all eyes on China since then, & esp. this year, maybe they're being more open these days? Otherwise, it backfires.

Ummmm... & sigh... he was probably referring to the spelling of Myanmar, not China.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Think Chernobyl, and dbu the infant will say that's not a Chinese issue, but it *is* a communist country issue, playing down disasters.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

JFK called Cuba Cuber. Cute. i liked JFK, he was one of the last of the old Democrats, before the hippies took over in 68.

Reply to
dbu

I see you're wearing your "Stupid And Proud Of It" t-shirt again.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

As he studiously avoids the - in this case tiny, but - real issue by flying around it, giving it wide berth...

Once a dbu, always a dbu (or dbu. or dbu'... or any other variation)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

What did I "studiously avoids", some whimsical comment by your friend joe? Never mind.

Reply to
dbu

I see you're wearing your smart-ass t-shirt, as always.

Reply to
dbu

Actually, I think they would report lower fatalities. They want to save face.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

Yeah, that's what they've been doing for half a century. Don't they teach this stuff in high school any more?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That's what joe says too, and he's always right, right?

Reply to
dbu

Tell us again why you don't read, but still imagine yourself to be a patriot.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'll (literally) spell it out: the spelling of "Myanmar" was the issue, not the spelling of "China" - or how it had been pronounced by JFK.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Joe is most likely retarded.

With that said, even a retarded person picks the right color every now and then.

I think China is probablly keeping the count low, and I think the Junta might be trying to keep the number high. China does not so much care about federal aid as the Junta does.

Reply to
Don't Taze Me, Bro!

You are very young, so you haven't seen 40-50 years' worth of fiction created by communist countries when disasters strike. I know you think that your military service is a handy substitute for learning, but it's not. Ask your daddy, if any.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom