OT: This man is a hero

ROFLMAO!!!

Reply to
Ray O

Good God, what is with the conservative's obsession with Jane Fonda? Do you need a scapegoat that bad. Ever hear of freedom of speech? Conservative's always preach that the reason we have to fight wars is to protect our freedoms, but can't handle it if someway exercises that freedom in a way that offends them. I suspect this Vet still is pretty messed up from the whole Vietnam experience and is using Fonda as a scapegoat for his own personal demons.

Reply to
ToMh

I turn that into an asset by praising -her- for my lack of control... :\

Reply to
Gord Beaman

Reply to
Gord Beaman

I've been thinking about the hammer dropping when you apply the safety - I guess that means that there is no "cocked and locked" position unless you re-c*ck after locking. Maybe the designer thought that it's safer to have the hammer down if the safety is on?

Reply to
Ray O

LOL it takes a real man to admit that...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

My husband has been gone too damned long! I can't focus on what you guys are

*really* talking about, only the words you're using...

Natalie, taking a cold shower

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

We didn't even get to the part of the discussion on whether one should have muffs around the ears when cocking or de-cocking a P-38 or if there is a reduction in recoil when firing blanks vs. live rounds. Is a two-handed grip more effective than a single-handed grip? Is the barrel 6 inches? Is it blued? Is there a disadvantage to applying too much gun oil? After a full clip, how many times to you have to run the rod through the bore before the patch comes out clean? How much pull before the sear releases?

Reply to
Ray O

I forgot some more generic items to discuss, like whether it is better to have guns or butter; why it is better to squeeze than pull; and whether you should be breathing normally, holding your breath, or exhaling when you fire.

Reply to
Ray O

STOP that!

Natalie, fanning herself

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

TROLL!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Is a short fat cartridge more effective than a long thin one? When choosing ammunition, are you looking for penetration or spread? Does double-action really help you shoot faster than with single-action? How do you deal with a misfire? What are the virtues of a .22, a .36, and a .44? Why is hunting at night called jacking?

I see Natalie dragging her hubby to gun shows when he gets home!

(Ray donning fwaaap-proof vest)

Reply to
Ray O

*fwappity fwap!* Didn't work!