OT: Wal Mart sues disabled woman

Yeah, this is the kind of company you want in your community.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Like WalMart really needs that $470K, but the couple doesn't...

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Yeah,

Oh, yeah.

If they're so concerned about "fairness" to the "associates" (love that description), why don't they put it to a vote among them all?

Reply to
witfal

I don't know. You have as much information as I do.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

In message news:U snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com, "Cathy F." burned some brain cells writing:

It's interesting that you listened to the dollar amount, but you didn't listen to the rest of the details in the story. It was not Wal-Mart who asked for money back, nor who sued, but "Wal-Mart's health plan". Listen to the story again.

Of course, that didn't stop CNN from showing Wal-Mart logos and stores during the story, or citing Wal-Mart's "net sales" (not profits) either (as if that's even relevant here). CNN also fails to mention exactly who Wal- Mart has their health plan with. That's the party that asked for the money and who sued.

What do you think of this couple gaming the system by divorcing so that the wife (oh excuse me, EX-wife) gets more taxpayer money from Medicare?

CNN's parent, Time-Warner, had revenues of $46 billion. Why don't they pay Mrs. Shank the $470K? After all, who needs the money more, Mrs. Shank or Time-Warner's executives?

Reply to
Klark Kent

At least it knows how to handle greedy deadbeats.

Sorry, I've been like this ever since I became a registered Republican a few weeks ago.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

I listened twice. If you don't think WM has any leverage with its insurer, you are a silly person or a child. One phone call from Lee Scott would end this charade.

You've obviously never seen what nursing homes cost. I don't mean reading about it in the news. I mean staring at the paperwork on your desk.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Did you get the secret decoder ring? Yes? WTF is George Bush talking about???

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

And Walmart has zicho control over which health plan(s) it offers its employees??

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

None at all. They are their insurer's biggest customer. Without them, the insurer would cease to exist. But, WM has no leverage.

Simple, yes?

Duh. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I meant: it has no control over which plan(s) it offers, to begin with? (Not over the plan, once in place.)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I know what you meant. I was being sarcastic or something. Of course WM could make this problem vanish in a heartbeat. Their biggest stores gross that kind of cash on a busy weekend.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Wal-Mart is probably worried that it would set a legal precedent and that they would never be able to recover money from people who get double paid.

Reply to
Mark A

Wal-Mart may be self-insured (as are many very large companies) and they only pay the insurance company to administer the plan. However, there are legal precedents that come into play that makes it difficult (and possibly illegal) to change the rules once they are set up (unless the same rules apply to everyone).

Reply to
Mark A

Do you know the difference between gross and net?

Is Hillary still on the board of directors at WalMart? Maybe the timing of the story was meant to damage her.

Bill Putney

So how much money have you sent the Shanks? How much has George Soros or Barbra Streisand sent them? Is there not a time for people to help out of sense of community? You don't have to like WalMart, but they (or their health insurance policy) are under no obligation to do anything according to their policy. If you really were concerned for the people, you would be sending them money and/or collecting money and sending it to them. I doubt you have.

I love people who want to be generous with other people's money. But there's a lot of that going on these days.

Bill Putney

The social justice crowd, the lefty liberals. I don't see any collections being made either. Spending other people's money, that is the democrat way.

Reply to
dbu

Of course, Bill. What course of actions do you think would be better for WM's image, assuming its typical customer was capable of understanding the story?

zzzzzzzzzzzz..........

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

In message news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com, "Cathy F." burned some brain cells writing:

I'm not sure why you think anyone would take you seriously, what with your misspelled and irrelevant rantings that don't address anything else the normal people here are talking about.

plonk, madam.

Reply to
Klark Kent

"My misspelled & irrelevant rantings?" How do I even start to address that statement/accusation?

Good thing you're plonking me. Thank you.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.