OT: Wal Mart sues disabled woman

Meanwhile, the idiot began the sentence "plonk, madam" with a lowercase letter. No cookies & chocolate milk for him, teacher.

Predictably, he will now come along and claim it was not a sentence.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I guaranteedamntee you that if WalMart were to give in, you wouldn't hear about it that the media, so the public would still be left with the negative impression that the hyped story has already left. That's assuming that you're right about your implication that WalMart should do it for their image - kind of a Jesse Jackson corporate blackmail kind of thing - that it's about public image and perception (vs. really helping the people).

So tell me this: How much has CNN given these people? Or are they only interested in the news story. Rhetorical question - the answer is obviously obvious. But that helps make my point: The people bitching about WalMart in this case have zero interest in these people. Their interest is solely to gripe about that mean old WalMart. The policy is what the policy is. Don't like it - don't work there because "whatever" might happen to you.

Now - if WalMart decided to help them, then they could do that. But no obligation. So have you sent the Shanks a check yet (answer: No).

Bill Putney

Then, WM shouldn't have painted themselves into this corner. I suppose it's not surprising, though. The company has a knack for lousy publicity. They've made it into an art. Why stop now?

They put themselves in that position. Any decent manager (and his/her corporate lawyer) would've seen this coming before they opened their stupid mouths.

Is it? The media often pays for interviews. What inside information do you have? You said it was obvious. Please scan your documents and post them at a site like Photobucket, where we can all have a look at them.

Nonsense. I'm bitching about WM, but I'm interested in the fate of these people. If I could send them money, I'd do so in a heartbeat.

There's very little that's positive about WM as a company. I didn't need this latest story to convince me of that.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I bet you could find out how to get it to them. No doubt a private fund has been set up somewhere. Could possibly Google the answer or email CNN - just a guess.

Bill Putney

Unfortunately, replacing windows and paying for college come first at the moment.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

But joe, surely you could dig up $5 or $10?

Reply to
dbu

If you were standing in a certain neighborhood and a crack addict agreed to kill you for $10, I'd shell that out immediately. I'd watch and take pictures, too, and send 8x10 prints to your family. They'd celebrate.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Hey, he doesn't even get plain milk. Not even skim. ;-P

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Our elected officials actually encourage them to move in, by offering them property tax abatements or even allow them to retain sales tax revenue. No such priviledges are given to small businesses, including those located next door to Walmart and driven out of business by them.

Reply to
beerspill

cheapskate joe. Hey, even with the cash crop you grow hidden behind your carrots and corn you can't come up with a few bucks for these poor folks?

Reply to
dbu

I give away 30% of my income, and I'm far from dead. What do you give?

Reply to
beerspill

One post:

Your very next post:

I guess it depends on what the meaning of the word "could" is.

Bill Putney

1) Have the money

2) Know how to get it to them

Got it now?