OT: Will the last person leaving C(r)ook County please turn out the lights?

Stroh-ger Junior wants to raise the county sales tax 2 cents on each dollar to cover the dafficit for him and his dad's cronies on the County Bored. That will make sales tax on just purchases 11 cents. That doesn't count the extra tax on such things as restaurants and so forth. It also means that there will be 2 cents more on drugs and food, which was originally run down to 0 in 1979, and has been 1 1/4 cents statewide except in Chicago/C(r)ook County since sometime in the mid 1980's.

Pretty soon the only people left in C(r)ook county will be the welfare Dimocraps.

Maybe we should just build a wall around it and make it a federal penitentary. We'd have to do something about replacing O'hare and Midway, of course, not that O'hare doesn't already cause its share of problems with the national air traffic network. Then we wouldn't need the trollways anymore, or the Damn Ryan. Most of the politicians seem to be in the process of being investigated by some federal agency.

Charles of Schaumburg.

Reply to
n5hsr

Hey Hachi, are things this bad in Bawstun? Had we had Chicago politicians doing the Big Dig, I suspect it STILL wouldn't be done and at least half the city council would be in on the take, as well as Da Mare and Stroh-ger and his dad's cronies on the C(r)ook County Board. Did you hear about the piss-poor maintenance being done on the CTA rail lines?

Charles

Reply to
n5hsr