Neon lights will not turn off

I removed the battery from my 95 Neon for the long weekend as I was going out of town. I re-installed the battery last night, started the
car, everything worked fine. Now this morning, I was driving into work, and the high beam indicator light was on. I did not have the headlights on, as the sun was starting to come up. When I got to work, shut off the car, and removed the key, the headlights where on very dimely. I tried turning the lights off and on, high beeps off and on, everything. I removed the 2 fuses for headlights, and they stayed on. I ended up removing the large fuse from the relay box under the hood. This turned off the lights. Before I pulled the main fuse, I checked the tail lights and they where not on. Anyone have any ideas? I really need to figure this one out. I can't be playing under the hood of the car every day in a suit.
Mike mlawrenc(at)rcc.on.ca
|I removed the battery from my 95 Neon for the long weekend as I was | going out of town. I re-installed the battery last night, started the | car, everything worked fine. Now this morning, I was driving into | work, and the high beam indicator light was on. I did not have the | headlights on, as the sun was starting to come up. When I got to work, | shut off the car, and removed the key, the headlights where on very | dimely. I tried turning the lights off and on, high beeps off and on, | everything. I removed the 2 fuses for headlights, and they stayed on. | I ended up removing the large fuse from the relay box under the hood. | This turned off the lights. | Before I pulled the main fuse, I checked the tail lights and they | where not on. | Anyone have any ideas? I really need to figure this one out. I can't | be playing under the hood of the car every day in a suit. | | Mike | mlawrenc(at)rcc.on.ca
DRL module?

Is it possible to repair this unit, or is it completely sealed? (I am a Computer/Electronic engineer.) I have also noticed that the module can be located under the ash tray or the left wheel well, any ideas where where it may be on the 95 2 door neon? I really don't want to have to pull the console out to find out it is in the wheel well. I would really rather not have to replace the unit, as this car is begining to cost me too much. And I would hate to scrap the car because the cost of the wheel bearings (which are going to be changed) and this module.
Mike mlawrenc(at)rcc.on.ca
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Mike wrote:

Failure is frequently due to cold solder joints, but even the most skilled of solderors tend to have trouble making the repair "stay fixed".
On Tue, 7 Sep 2004, Mike wrote:

Your Daytime Running Light module has failed. It is a common failure on all the Chrysler products that use this particular reduced-voltage-high-beam DRL module. You can either go to the dealer and get a replacement (which will also eventually fail) or you can simply unplug the defective module and get a module from www.webelectricmagazine.com which will run the front turn signals as DRLs just like on the '00-'04 Neons. If you do the latter, stop by your local Saturn dealership and pick up a set of front park/turn/DRL bulbs for an '04 Saturn Ion; they will be marked 5702KA and will last a great deal longer than any other bulb you can use in turn/DRL service.
DS