Ping Hachiroku

Did you ever get that interment overheating problem fixed? Another thread here on the group has jogged my rusty memory. I had a '59 Ford back when I was a kid that would do the same thing. It would overheat at highway speed but was fine around town or at idle. I did everything my friends or I could think of without fixing it. A friend's father suggested replacing the bottom radiator hose, that fixed it.

Seems like there was a flap of rubber that had broken away from the inner wall and high water volume/speed would force the flap up and partly block the hose.

If that isn't the problem, don't send me the bill. If it is, you can send me a check. hehehe

Jack

Reply to
Retired VIP

Thanks. This car is a bit weird...the bottom rad hose is brand new, and that's where the thermostat is located.

However, the top hose looks like they just took a piece of the correct diameter rubber hose and cut it to fit. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with a BHG, but I saw a friend of mine today who is collecting scrap since scrap metal is through the roof, and offered me what I paid for the car to get rid of it. Hate to do it, I like having a wagon (or a van...) but I don't know if I want to put the effort into it.

I'll send you a royalty if I junk the car...

Reply to
Hachiroku