Poor acceleration 1990 22RE truck

Hi:
I have a stubborn problem with acceleration on my 1990 4x4 Toyota truck with 22RE engine.
It has poor acceleration in almost any gear UNTIL I either floor the
accelerator OR the RPM climbs high enough (perhaps over 3000 rpm?). It seems almost a like a vacuum advance problem except that this engine doesn't have such a system.
It idles fine and it accelerates like a bat out of hell once I floor the accelerator or the rpm gets high enough. I've checked the plugs, air gap in the distributor. Timing is right on 5 degrees with the appropriate contacts shorted out.
I've also wondered if it could be the AFM although the static resistance tests seem to check out OK so as far as I can tell.
Any ideas that I could look at?
Dave

Start with the basics... Check to make sure the air filter is not dirty or obstructed Check to make sure that the plastic snorkel between the air filter housing and throttle body does not have any holes, cracks, gaps, or obstructions Check the condition of the spark plugs. What brand are they and how many miles? Check the condition of the ignition wires. What brand are they and how many miles? Check to see that ignition timing advances as RPM rises. Check for vacuum leaks. Check for obstructions in the exhaust system. Check to make sure that the throttle cable does not have excessive slack.
--

Ray O
(correct punctuation to reply)