Premarket crude up 1.64 to 64.57

I have no tears for you, pal. ARCO in So. Calif. is 3.12 and today's jump in crude is bound to drive it higher.

Reply to
mack

True enough. Driving in Ireland three years ago, cost over $40 to fill up a tiny Citroen C-3. (A marvelous little car that does over 40 mpg., drives well and feels much larger on the inside than it looks on the outside.) But when you look at the petrol price, you feel like telling the pump "Ok, I'll bend over, but be gentle...."

Reply to
mack

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ That 3.12 was this morning's price. This afternoon, it's 3.16 at ARCO (the cheapest) and 3.30 at Chevron. I'm glad I don't have an SUV or a Hummer.

Reply to
mack

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in >>

Not necessarily. We had a hard freeze about four weeks ago in So. Calif. and I noticed yesterday that in the cheapest market in town, the lemons were

50c each and so were the red grapefruit. In January, red grapefruit were 6 for a dollar.
Reply to
mack

Yes, and Royal Dutch Hell's price increase has taken hold. Everybody's at

2.75 all of a sudden. Thieves. I hope God has a special level of perdition just for them. Of course, I'll probably be on the 666th level of Hell right next to Hillary and Bill.

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

Yeah, but that was cause and effect. In the oil industry, it's, well, maybe there's a cause, so we'd better effect a change in the price.

Reply to
Hachiroku

That price hike came from your supermarket, not from the wholesalers.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

And you know this How?

Reply to
mack

It's my job to know this.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yeah, right. And I'm the Prince of Wales.

Reply to
mack

I guess you're right. Nobody is in the grocery business. It's all run by machines. There is no human knowledge, and this paperwork all over my desk is imaginary. It's a hologram.

Note to self: Investigate where these paychecks keep coming from. Who is this food wholesaler that keeps paying me?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Then what sort of penance should they pay in So. Calif. for hiking the price to 3.30 ? I feel for ya at 2.75, but that would be like shopping at a bargain basement sale for us left-coasters!

Reply to
mack

You're not one of those who decides from a desk and a computer which items gets stocked on shelves are you??

Reply to
dbu,.

Nope. I don't work for a supermarket chain.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yeah, whet the Helk is going on out there? Aren't there like 1/3 of the refineries in the country out in the western 1/3 of the US?

Reply to
Hachiroku

JSB is in retail? God help us all.

I was in retail for over a decade before I got in computers. If the wholesalers raise the price, the retail outlets have to pass along the cost at some point. Nobody is in business to LOSE money. If they don't raise the price of fruits, then they raise the price of something else somewhere else to cover it.

If you're the Prince of Wales then I must be the Princess? (He should have married Horseface the first time.)

Charles of Schaumburg

Reply to
n5hsr

JoeSpareBedroom

Thanks for the explanation ...however unneeded. You must think you're talking to Homer Simpson.

Reply to
mack