Prius

I would like to hear from a Prius owner what their experience has been regarding this car. How is it to drive and start in the winter in a cold climate with significant snow? How does it handle, start in cold snowy, icy weather?

I am weighing the cost of fuel savings and much higher insurance costs wioth a new prius versus keeping a volvo that I have owned since 1997 that needs repairs but runs well.

J.

My in-laws have a 3 1/2 year old Prius that's spent all three winters outside in New England. The car behaves no differently than any other car, and they really like it. In heavy snow, they drive a 2002 Subaru Outback, but the rest of the time, the Prius is first choice.

Reply to
B a r r y