Q: Toyota A130 automagic...

Ok, a cow-orker's sister's Corolla's transmission took a dive the other month with a no-drive condition in any gear, and we're tearing it down and rebuilding it (hopefully the junkyard pull in there now won't die on us until we're done with this one...).

We've gotten *most* everything out, but the intermediate shaft between the output gear and differential, is, errr, stuck. We don't have the book (is there one online, or must I pony up for it?), and it seems the gear needs a pulling, but beyond that, we're not sure what to do after the gear's off.

Oh, yes, are there any know problem areas on these things? Looking at it cassually, I don't see anything that should have caused a no drive, so I'm guessing the valve body's hung up. We puled the direct clutch apart and it looked ok (not worn to the steel), though the unit reeks of burnt tranny fluid, and we're reasonably sure it suffered through a tranny cooler leak, though I don't see much evidence of it on the band (no pockmarking). Pump's intact and not scored.

In any case, is there any manual online for these things? And, are there any popular trouble spots?

Also, what's up with the differential? Does it have it's own oil supply or something? Because the exploded diagrams I've seen point out a few seal rings that go on the intermediate shaft....

Thanks! :)

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski

Philip Nasadowski wrote in news:nasadowsk- snipped-for-privacy@news.verizon.net:

What the hell's a "cow-orker"? Oh, wait, I don't really wanna know...

Moooooo...

Reply to
Tegger

go to

and download the factory repair manual for $10/day.

The A130 transmissions are pretty bulletproof, so if the transmission wasn't serviced for a long time, I'd guess the valve body is hung up too.

Reply to
Ray O