Question about replacing inside trunk/fuel cable latch

Hi all

I just bought a nice condition 1992 Toyota Paseo and the two latches that open the fuel / trunk are rusted / fused? together it seems. When I pull it up, BOTH the trunk and the fuel door open. I can probably get this part of either eBay or from a scrapyard. But..how difficult is this part to replace?

Thanks in advance, Derek

Reply to
MegaC

The more posts of yours I read, the more I question your definition of "nice condition".

Reply to
B A R R Y

Take a good look at the levers and see what is holding them together. It is probably something sticky that was spilled there that could be cleaned up.

Reply to
Ray O

LOL....

I was thinking the same thing....

Reply to
Scott in Florida

And I too. It begins to sound like only the rust is holding the car together. I wish the fellow luck with his 14 year old Paseo though.

Reply to
mack

Hi Guys,

lol. I guess I deserve that. It is a nice car. No rust outside the car. Just some parts with issues.

Thanks for your comments, Derek

mack wrote:

Reply to
MegaC