Tricky Door Latch Problem:(

I have a 1990 Lexus ES250. When I bought the car the Passanger front door latch didn't open the door from the outside, but I didn't bother to fix it because I rarely have passangers with me. Now my door latch has gone faulty, and I can't open my door from inside or out!!! Talk about a safety issue. Anyways now I have to open the RR door, reach over to the RF door open that close the RR get in on the Passenger side, and hop over the center console. Talk about embarrasing too. The reason I haven't tried to fix my drivers door is because Toyota had put two screws on the end of the door panel that when the door is closed are hidden by the dash. I would love to fix this problem, but don't want to cause damage to the door panel by yanking it off with the screws still fastened. Does any one have any sugestions? I love the car, and she runs very well for a 200K+ beast, but the door problem needs to be remedied, and is very bothersome. Thank you all for your help in advance.

Bart

Reply to
Bartramo25

nobody??????????

Reply to
Bartramo25

Sorry, I can't help. But, any possibility of trying the local library to see if they have a Chilton, Haynes, etc. manual for your model that might give instructions on panel removal?

I know my manual for my corolla has the details....came in handy in fixing the regulator.

Reply to
timbirr

It's not that I don't know how to remove the panel. The panel has two screws that when the door is closed in my case permanently the screws are hidden by the dash. I was wondering if there was any other way of getting to the latch without damaging my door panel? Has anyone else experienced latch problems with their Toyota. I need some help and am starting to get frustrated. Please someone help me out with this embarrasing problem???

Reply to
Bartramo25

There was another post in this ng concerning a similar problem. (Google will find these for you.) The poster managed to get his door open with a slim-jim and 1/2 hour or so of fiddling. HTH, davidj92

Reply to
davidj92