Questions on 2001 RAV4

I found a 2001 RAV4 AWD manual transmission and I have a few questions.

  1. This was the first model year of the model change - any issues?
  2. It was the first year of 2.0 VVT engine - anything to look out for?

I did not see any options for ABS or vehicle stability system, so I assume one would have to drive it properly - like an SUV that can tip over.

Reviews said it was a fine "road" car but not for serious off road use. I assume it could still handle it muddy field or snow better than a FWD Camry.

Reply to
ma_twain

I have not noticed any pattern of complaints for any RAV4.

Even if an SUV is equipped with ABS, traction control, stability control, and AWD, one should drive it like an SUV that can tip over.

The RAV4 should not have any problems with muddy fields or snow.

Reply to
Ray O

The RAV4 seems to hold its value. The price of w new RAV4 was only $3,000 more than a 2001 with 44,000 miles. We have the new RAV4 at home now. I can't find the oil filter, but with my carpal tunnel, I don't know if I would even attempt to change the oil/oil filter myself anyway. Sound like it might be surgery time or go and join Scott in Florida :-)

The Owner's Manual did not specify the locati>

Reply to
ma_twain