RAV4 2006 Electronic Control Problem

Hi, I owe a 2006 RAV4 2.2 lt Diesel D-CAT since March 2006. Fine car, I'm very happy with it. Lately, with the winter cold back, an electronic control device doesn't work properly when the engine is started, and it switches off the ABS, VSC, 4X4 and Cruise Systems, among others. It seems to react to low temperatures. My Dealer has controlled that all the above systems are OK, and effectively all of them work again when the alarm lights and messages go off. They disappear when the car has warmed up in an indoor parking, for exemple. Has someone had the same experience, and how was the problem fixed ? TIA, OM.

Reply to
Olmedo Monteverde

The best way to diagnose the problem is to leave it overnight at the dealership so that they can experience it and check diagnostic codes while the lights are on. A possible cause is that there is moisture in one of the water-tight electrical connectors that freezes.

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O" a écrit dans le message de news:

7e07a$45be2bf4$44a4a10d$ snipped-for-privacy@msgid.meganewsservers.com...

Thanks Ray, that's a good idea indeed. Regards, OM

Reply to
Olmedo Monteverde

You're welcome and good luck!

Reply to
Ray O

Go to your dealership and they will fix this quickly :o) they don't need your car for more than one hour

-pta

"Olmedo Monteverde" skrev i melding news:45bf496c$0$18828$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sunrise.ch...

Reply to
Lars Petter Gisholt