RavInvasion...

The past three or four weeks, I have been seeing a LOT of 1st and 2nd Gen Rav 4's in my hometown, and I had only noticed ONE prior to that.

Last week I was at an intersection in the Supra, and *I* was the Odd Man Out. At each of the three other arms of the intersection there was a white

1st Gen Rav 4, and each of them was the EXACT same color, white with grey underbody cladding! I was about to speed dial my shrink or start looking for the pills...

Either that, or I was expecting one to cross into another's path and have a Rav Accident...

Also, there is one of those purplish two-doors, a green two door, a green four door and a blue four door.

Considering what I'm doing for 'work' now, rounding one of these up might not be a bad idea. Except that they are all *MINT*! They look brand new, esp the three white ones! (Two were driven by 'little old ladies', one about 60 and the other in her 50's...)

Reply to
Hachiroku

Actually, being around 50 or 60 does not make one old. My father would call such a lady a "young lady." Some day, so will you and I.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Hey, watch it, bud! ;-)

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

ooops...sorry...hey, I'm 50...

And drive like I'm 20...

Reply to
Hachiroku

My wife drives a 2003 RAV4 and at 70k+ miles we're pretty happy with it overall. What's the deal with those really small early RAV4s? I haven't seen one in a while, but they look like 2 seaters? When were they made?

Vin - Menotomy Vintage Bicycles

OldRoads

I have seen *5* more since posting this article.

The first version came out IIRC in 1995, and was basically a Celica All-Trac with a small SUV body. They stayed this way for 3 more model years; the next version was similar. The version after that is when they started to bloat up, both in size and in standard equipment.

They are all 4/5 seaters, the little 2-door model just looks (well, actually, it IS) really small...

The latest version is almost the size of a 4-Runner, a 4-Runner is almost the size of a Land Cruiser, and the Land Cruiser is almost the size of the Titanic...

Reply to
Hachiroku