Re: 2008 minivans: Honda Odyssey vs Toyota Sienna

I need not waste my time as I have no need to convince anyone. I know what I get for mileage, I know what I feel in performance difference and that is all that matters to me. The gas station is an independent and what I said is true.

Reply to
dbu

Your mileage and performance dreams are just wishful thinking, and indicative of what a person can convince themselves of, if they want to.

As for the gas station... Everywhere else in the country, gas stations (independent or not) usually charge an average of 20 cents more for Premium than for Regular. Yet you expect people to believe that in your special place, they only charge 1 cent more. Sorry, it's just too much of a difference to be believed.

How about you provide a link to a picture of their sign out front, which shows the prices...? Can you do that?

Reply to
Dan C

Supposedly the ethanol is in there to "oxygenate" the fuel (ethanol contains oxygen, gasoline doesn't) in order to make it burn cleaner. Refiners used to add something called MTBE to gas for this purpose, but the MTBE ended up leaking out of tanks and contaminating groundwater, hence the switch.

Ethanol does have a lower energy density than gasoline, so you can expect to see slightly poorer mileage with fuel containing ethanol than with non-ethanol fuell.

If I could get "premium" for a penny more per gallon than regular, I'd use premium too. In more than 35 years of driving, I've never seen that.

Reply to
Paul

I'd love to have a gas station that only charges 1 cent more for super, as my Audi uses that (although I do mix in a tank of 'plus' on a regular basis. I can't notice much difference in performance or mileage).

My Odyssey EX averages just under 17 mpg in town and I have gotten as high as 25 on the highway - the usual is 23. That's generally with a pretty loaded car (5 people plus dog and luggage) and the cruise set for 76-ish. I'm happy with that. Our old Ford Crapstar used to get 15 in town, 20 on the highway and was a piece of shit besides. ;-)

Dan D '07 Ody EX Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

Is your email address good? If so I'll try and get you a picture.

Reply to
dbu

I just talked to my buddy who has a 08 Ody which uses only three cylinders while on longer trips and he said he gets 32.5 MPG but that was using S.D. premium gas, wind at back and driving the speed limit, 65 mph with a steady foot. Sadly, today so many people have a very heavy foot, I see it all the time in city traffic and on the long highway trips. If drivers would learn to drive like they have an egg under the gas pedal and hold the speed down to 65 or so, they would see much better gas mileage, also keep those tires inflated.

Reply to
dbu

Your email?

Reply to
dbu

Post a link to the picture, thanks. All can see it then. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

I don't own a website, besides, why should I have to provide proof, I buy my gas there, if someone does not believe me why should I care. I don't know these people from Adam.

Reply to
dbu

I'm not going to provide a valid email address here... As someone else stated, a link here will allow others to see this magical sign, too.

Go to this site below, upload your image as directed (very easy), and it will provide you a link/URL that you can paste into a post here. Simple.

Dan C

But why should I go to that trouble when you will only come back and say I doctored up the photo. If you don't believe me now why should I expect you to believe me when I post a picture someplace. Besides, I don't care if you believe me or not.

Reply to
dbu

What steady foot? That's what cruise control is for.

Reply to
Paul

Not when it's slippery.

Reply to
dbu

The price today is $3.96.9 for regular, (87) and $3.97.9 for super (89) per U.S. gal. They have no price signs posted only at the pump. So there ya go Dan.

BTW how old are you and what part of the country do you live in?

Reply to
dbu

Not disbelief, moreso curiosity. I am OK either way. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

dbu;

You don't have to answer every post, this is a newsgroup not an AOL chat room.

Reply to
bluto

I wish if I could, but it's not that easy. They don't post price on their sign other than reg. The pump is the only place where I see the price, that also is difficult to photo. One penny difference between 87 and 89 octane, that is truth. I thought for a minute posting their phone number, but discarded that idea right away.

I appreciate your concern and help offered.

Reply to
dbu

It's no harder to upload a pic to there than it is to email it to me.

The fact that you're reluctant to do so pretty much confirms what I'm saying.

Reply to
Dan C

Yes I thought of that, but the pump display is not conducive to photograph imaging. The pump display is not that good and I think it would wash out on a digital photo. The phone number is the best route, but I would not want the company to be subjected to a onslaught of phone calls from you-know-what's-its. So I refrain from doing that. They, the non-believers will just have to continue to wallow. I don't care.

Reply to
dbu

"Throw a turd in the punch bowl and watch the libs"....wallow in it, LOL

Reply to
dbu