Re: Al Gore's son pulled over for doing 100 mph

"Michael Snyder" said in rec.autos.driving:

> >>Talk about a cry for help -- getting caught doing 100 with grass and >>illicit prescription pain killers in the car? > > You know what the most amazing thing about this story is? > > He was driving 100 MPH in a PRIUS! I've *never* seen a Prius go that > fast - EVER!!

I believe the top speed is electronically limited to 105 mph, although I saw one road test that claimed 109. Toyota also ran a special version to 131 mph (see

) , but it had special tires and gearing (and the speed limiter was removed).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White