Pulled over on my first trip out!

Took the 101 out today for its first journey other than to and fro from the MOT and got pulled over just after leaving B&Q (needed to feed my hammerite habit).

First question: "What the hell is it?!" :)

Turned out that my new road tax hadnt got through the system yet (MOT had) and i had a brake light out.

..and i thought that the local constabulary were supposed to be well educated about 101's! :D

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Clearly not a member of my shift... they were used to seeing Morph parked up in the Ch. Supt's bay on Nights :-)

Lee

Reply to
Dr_D

I was in talke, so could have been the kidsgrove office i guess?

I did consider asking them if they were from newcastle and if so then how had he managed to miss seeing morph in the car park, but i had no idea what your proper title is!

Also - whenever i'm pulled they always get my name wrong.. is this deliberate to make me correct it? or because the records are wrong somewhere?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Kidsgrove / Newcastle filling in for missing Kidsgrove staff.

I work out of Hanley but cover the whole of SOT Division :-) , I like to blend in when at home i.e. off the patch.

Dunno... they have something funny in the water that way.

Lee

Reply to
Dr_D

When I bought the Rangie the 'dealer' (very small) delivered it with 'no tax'. So it sat on the yard while I wandered into the office next day and did the decent thing. That evening I thought I'd take it out as I had something I wanted to do and about 6 miles later I got pulled. The camera on the car had read the plate, checked with the DVLC and the computer told them to stop me.

I told my tale, he didn't even check my new tax disk just looked up my insurance on the computer and when he found it (NU) he was happy. A quick breathalise, like everybody seems to get in Brighton, and he left.

nigelH

Reply to
Nigel Hewitt