Renting a Prius in Germany?

Dear list members,

Do any of you know where I can rent a Prius or other mid-size hybrid in Berlin next month?

Hertz, which offers a 'green collection' does not seem to have any available for the period that I need.

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Colin Rowat

Reply to
c.rowat

You might want to try asking on a more local group:

if you can read German:

mrv

why not rent those european diesel cars that get more mpg than a prius?

Reply to
EdV

The selection is slim and not very attractive. The SMART car wouldn't be a bad choice on the highways but it has poorer economy in town and much poorer throttle response. On a rental basis the poor reliability might not matter. The VW Lupo 3L gets better economy city and highway, but the city driving gets the wrong sort of raves.

If you want air conditioning and efficiency, the Prius is still king. OTOH, diesel is likely to be more widely available and lower priced.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Thank you MRV, EdV and Mike: your replies have helped a lot.

I have put the question to both

If I have noluck with these, I'll look for a diesel. The SMART car and the Lupo3L are probably too small for us (two adults, two children and a bitof luggage).

Thank you again!

Colin

Reply to
c.rowat

You might contact Toyota in Germany. They might be able to arrange for a Prius.

And it wouldn't hurt to ring Hertz and the other auto rental companies that have offices in Germany. They might be able to arrange something.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

because they're filthy?