Reply to
High Tech Misfit

This is really good!!

Reply to
Dan J.S.

It was inevitable. Toyota rules!!

Reply to
.dbu.

They've already passed Ford in car sales, of course, but "Mike" will point out that if you include trucks in the total, GM and Ford still sell more.

Reply to
dizzy

But are people buying a lot of those big gas-guzzling trucks GM/Ford are so famous for?

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Why shouldn't trucks and SUVs be included in the totals? After all they are bought and driven by common folk too. In fact, I know many Ford loyalists that think the only real Fords are trucks and Mustangs.

Reply to
badgolferman

I didn't say they shouldn't be.

Reply to
dizzy

Even if you count Trucks and SUVs in the totals, Toyota now sells more vehicles worldwide than Ford. You can giggle the numbers around a bit depending on how you count Mazda for Ford and Hino and Dahatsu for Toyota, but for 2005 Toyota is solidly ahead of Ford in worldwide sales. In the US this is not true, but the US is not where the future growth in sales will be.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Both GM and Ford sell far more light trucks alone, which incluides SUVs, than Toyota sells cars and trucks combined

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Through August, Ford sold 756,039 cars and 1,514,521 trucks in the US in

2005 (Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Jaguar, etc. - but not Mazda). Through August, GM sold 1,239,383 cars and 1,998,194 trucks in the US in 2005 (all GM brands) Through August, Toyota sold 1,535,849 vehicles in the US (Toyota, Scion, Lexus)

So I think your claim that Ford sells more trucks tan Toyota sells vehicles in the US is not true. It is true for GM, at leat for now. GM still sells over twice as many vehicles in the US as Toyota, and Ford sells about 50% more vehicles in the US than Toyota. However, worldwide, Toyota is now bigger than Ford. And a lot of people seem to think that Toyota will catch GM, but I would not be to sure of that. GM is doing much better in China than Toyota, and in the long run that is likely to be the largest potential new market in the world.

Regards,

Ed White

1,239,383
Reply to