Toyota Van Dash Light

Hi

This little orange light that looks like a crock pot, with water through it and a drip hanging out the bottom has come on and i can figure what it is. Ive checked everything, and levels on everything seem fine. Help Please, any ideas on what it could be?

Reply to
Inamin

I believe that is your Oil Pressure warning.

Either you have low oil, or a bad circuit.

I wouldn't drive very far to have it checked. And if you have AAA or something, now is a good time to use it!

Reply to
Hachiroku

It means dinner is ready.

Seriously, isn't it sad that the automakers use an icon that no one can figure out, instead of a word like "oil".

Reply to
Art

Seriously, it's an international world and car market. A silly icon doesn't help; but if it's clearly formed we all stand some chance of learning it.

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson

The car is produced in factories all over the world and nationalized for most markets. I suspect the literate is most countries would prefer a word over an incomprehensible icon. And I bet "oil" is understood in almost all countries.

Reply to
Art

OK, but what does ??? mean?

-- Mike Harris ...who remembers when red light meant Generator and green light meant Oil Pressure Austin, TX

Reply to
Mike Harris

Sorry that didn't come through ... was the Japanese characters for motor oil.

Reply to
Mike Harris

I am sure the Japanese market would prefer it over a crock pot icon.

Reply to
Art

Please don't feed the trolls.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

Actually, in Japan, you get a picture of an Automatic Rice Cooker... ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku