Re: Justify profilling?

We can agree on this. I don't mind standing in line longer at airports, being scrutinized for weapons or toxic substances AT ALL, if this is what it takes to land safely at my destination. And the government can tap my phone, and monitor my reading habits at the library all it wants, for the simple reason that I have nothing to hide. Maybe I'm naive, but I can't understand why anyone with nothing to hide would mind wire tapping or book monitoring. Whereas, if you DO have something you need to keep private, like planning a terrorist act, you'd be mighty upset to find out the government had been listening in. just my 2c worth.

-- >
Reply to
mack

(Without discussing how far the gov't. should go re: security V. privacy....) Because it's an invasion of one's personal life, no matter how innocent & innocuous that life is. A right to privacy is independent of whether or not you have something to hide.

self Whereas, if you DO have

Different types of being upset. One is on the philosophical level & one is on the practical level.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Wass going to do that while posting, but then my sieve of a brain forgot to.... (profill & profile...)

Reply to
Cathy F.

Apparently considered productive enough when done to others in the Mid-East, &... remember London? Certainly considered productive enough when done in concert w/ near-simultaneous blasts.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

I don't mind if they tap your phone either.

Reply to
Art

I remember London and am under the impression (without googling) that the bombs went off in three trains on the underground, and one bus. (for all I know, the bomber was on the bus taking him to yet another train...?) Also, as I recall, the bus bomb took the fewest lives, but I may be wrong.

Reply to
mack