Re: Mobil 1 for baby

Purolator PureOne only here.

But read the following interesting home mechanic report on Mobile 1 and other filters:

http://m> I'm really getting into this Mobil 1 thing. I think I may

Reply to
johngdole

I use them. Seem to work fine.

Reply to
Mark A

That "study" is at least 10 years old, probably older.

Reply to
Mark A

Yeah, would be nice if there is a newer review, but there is none. At least it showed what people could be looking for. For instance, I wouldn't want one with few pleats or with paper end caps, but would want one with variable density synthetic media, good bypass valve, etc.

I use the top ranked filter in SAE tests: Purolator PureOne. Additional info on:

Mark A wrote:

Reply to
johngdole

Check out

- I mostly focused on FL-820S style filers, but I also cut open a few Toyota Filters (the type on a 2007 4 cylinder RAV4). The Toyota Filters are at
. There are no truly "scientific" measurements, but at least you can see what is inside the filter cans.

How do you know it was the top ranked filter in the SAE tests? I like the PureOnes, but I am not sure they would be tops in terms of filtering efficiency. I hate to say this, but I suspect the Amsoil EAO Filters might be tops, or the similar Donaldson filter. I didn't cut open one of those intended for a Toyota, but I did cut open the FL-820S style Amsoil Filter and it is very interesting.

You might also want to check out -

- this guy made actual flow measurements. I have lots of other links to oil filter tests and reviews on my opening page. Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

There is nothing wrong with the Mobil 1 Filters, but I don't think they are worth the extra money.

Compare:

or

or

Ed