Re: {{ OT }} Bodies ... the Exhibition

Yes, you've expressed what I was trying to say - only you did it better.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

Besides, this is something you have to voluntarily PAY to go see. Hopefully you'd have an idea of what you were walking into!

-Dave

Reply to
Dave L

Was it possible he was just trying to get inside your

running and ducking

Reply to
EdV

AWESOME! Now that would be worth seeing!

Reply to
Socks

My wife and I haven't eaten fast food(or even eaten in a proper sit down restaurant for that matter) in over 6 years.

Reply to
Socks

It's referred to as 'animal electricity'.

Luigi Galvani and all that.....

Static electricity would be enough to trigger a reaction.

Reply to
Pink Freud©®

In Alberta, the law requires that the body be in a closed container when inserted into the crematory.

Reply to
sharx35

Actual human dissections are available on the net, courtesy of the University of Wisconsin.

Reply to
sharx35

That is correct.

Reply to
sharx35

Bwa-ha-ha-ha...

Yes, I've seen many, lived for years in a culture where cremation was both public and common place. Never, ever was that ever seen by me, or anyone that I know of.

The poster wanted to create a troll, and she succeeded. Posted complete bullshit and that is a fact.

Reply to
PeterD

Uh, yea, right...

Reply to
PeterD

I will agree it is possible for the body to explode under certain curmstances where abdominal fluids boil creating steam that can't escape, but it is rare.

Reply to
PeterD

Me neither! I can't believe that people will eat that stuff. And worse, feed it to their children?

Reply to
PeterD

Now that is funny... No basis in medicine but if you would like to quote a reference I'll be glad to read it, and appologize if appropriate. Otherwise, complete bull-ticky.

Reply to
PeterD

Specially considering that one of the first things an undertaker does is punch a vent pipe into the midsection.

Reply to
J. Clarke

You said in an earlier post you've seen public cremation. In the open air, the body will burn considerably faster than in a crematorium. Have you seen through a viewer into a crematorium? I still think it's possible to react the way the doc described.

He could have been shining me on, but I doubt it.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

I'm not a doctor, but I do have a medical background.

Admittedly, this is anecdotal, but you still show me no reason to take your word over his.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

"Socks" ...

You're scary.

A troll says it's not true, but he has yet to prove otherwise.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

"Jeff Strickland"...

They explain how it's done, but it's still amazing. Can you imagine the

*time* it takes to pull out even the cauda equina (bundle of nerves at the base of the spine, which resembles a horse's tail, hence the name).

Had to take months!

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Thanks for your input! There's a troll who's disputing this, but hasn't offered any proof to prove the doc was lying to me.

Until then, I believe him.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll