Re: {OT} Howie Carr poll....

Character does not matter to liberals. It has been removed from the list of qualifications because they can't find a suitable representative. You know, something akin to the Bell Curve. As a teacher Cathy should be familiar with the implementation of standards and dumbing down students to keep the other ones from feeling bad about themselves. The same thing applies to their political philosophies also.

Reply to
badgolferman
**(Using asterisks for replies - no quote marks showing up for some reason)

**You're reading -way- more into my reply than was meant. No, those other issues are not dismissed; I replied based solely on the subject matter of the OP. However, in the here & now - & forthcoming years of his term(s), yeah, computer literacy would definitely be an asset for a president to possess.

McCain was raised in a different era,

**Hey, so were a lot of us! When I was in elem. school, a long distance call meant A) someone died, or B) someone was pregnant or just had a baby. And one ran & got one's parent to answer the call even if they were down at the corner store - rather than say you'd take a msg. & they'd call back. The call even *sounded* long distance. Then, going back another generation (or slightly less - from McCain's)... my father was born in '18, & was e-mailing when he was 85. Hell, he had a computer before I did!

and even though I don't agree with many of his political positions, personally I would much rather have as our leader someone who has clearly demonstrated CHARACTER rather than someone whose most notable qualities are the ability to "shoot hoops" or send an email. Whoever is president won't be spending much time reviewing the next day's weather WBMG.

Any dufus can use a computer, you and JoeNoBedroom clearly demonstrate that...

**Umm... taking that logic & moving forward w/it... in which case, since McCain doesn't use one, he's even less than a dufus. I don't think so. Seems - given your last 2 replies to me - if you don't agree with someone else's position, you're awfully quick with calling the someone else names instead of simply arguing your position.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

You are off the mark, & can be a nasty piece of work when you want to be.

Cathy

Reply to
Cathy F.

McCain was raised in a different era, and even though I don't agree with many of his political positions, personally I would much rather have as our leader someone who has clearly demonstrated CHARACTER rather than someone whose most notable qualities are the ability to "shoot hoops" or send an email. Whoever is president won't be spending much time reviewing the next day's weather WBMG.

Any dufus can use a computer, you and JoeNoBedroom clearly demonstrate that...

And then there are the doofuses who can't use a computer, like your war hero. I know of folks in their 80s who are totally computer literate, but McCaint ...... isn't. I wonder if he knows how to use an ATM? Or like Bush, Sr., had never seen a scanner to ring up groceries?

Reply to
mack

You missed the point. Try to keep up.

Politics aside, McCain deserves a huge amount of respect for enduring treatment that would have killed most. He has coped with situations and had time to think about things that most people can't even begin to bear to think about.

Reply to
Truckdude

Anyone who says that has no character.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me

True......and yet McCain admits that he can't. That would be like someone not knowing how to use a telelphone 30 years ago. Look beyond the task itself, as repugs surely would if Obama make the same admission. Thirty years ago wouldn't you have found it strange if a presidential candidate admitted that did not know how to use a telephone? Of course you would.

Reply to
Truckdude