Re: {OT}Illinois Stops Paying Its Bills, but Can't Stop Digging Hole

California is in worse shape I hear. Glad I'm not living there any longer. >

>The legislature down there will spend days drafting up some goofy law to do >nothing and do absolutely nothing about getting fiscally correct. Every >year its deeper and deeper in debt - > >They have a law on the books for years that mirrors Arizonas and Federal >immigration law and force the cops to ignore it. > >Many of their civil servants are able to take their salary and double it in >their last year with vacation/unused sick leave and overtime and thereby >double their pension which is based on their last year of work. >

Their newest is to reduce pay of public workers to the federal minimum wage. Swarzzzzzzenegggggger, another republican, drove California into the ground the same way bush hosed the country.

Reply to
Gary L. Burnore

a lot of the abuses started with Grey Davis. RHINO Arnold can't really be blamed for the mess that's been going on with the legislature and unions for

20 or more years.
Reply to
ron