Re: {{ OT }} IT'S RAINING!

Lie. Environmentalists favor controlled burns as a means to reduce fuels.

They muchprefer that to clear-cut logging. I was on a campout this month withthe Sequoia Task Force and they advocate the use of controlled burnsas is done by the national park service.

It is the nervous nellie property owners that get their underwear in a bunch when someone suggest deliberately lighting firesd near their homes. While there is an understandable fear that the burn could get out of control by the property owners, most officials don't take the time to educate.

Another lie.

Ifa fire is in a wilderness area that poses no threat to people orproperty, environmentalists favor letting it burn naturally.

Reply to
Big Al

And once in a while, earthquakes.

Even NJ gets forest fires, the last one in 2007 was caused by flares coming from a military aircraft in training. Of course, that is still under investigation

Reply to
EdV

Yet you have no compunction about sitting there and announcing that "most of it" is arson, even though this contention is totally unsupported by any of the available facts.

Where I come from, we call that talking out your ass.

Reply to
badlands420

Give that man a cigar.

Give him a box.

Amazing how there's never enough money to buy equipment, but always enough to fight the fires at tens to hundreds of times the cost.

And today we're back to smoke. The winds are back, though weaker, and the humidity is dropping again. My windows are closed and no outside activities are advised until this subsides.

Reply to
witfal

Apologies Bruce for the use of that word. While your facts were in error, it was probably an honest mistake.

Reply to
Big Al

Because he couldn't rent a clue as to just how often this happens. Just once I'd like to see an arsonist who causes this much destruction and death be sentence to death upon conviction.

Reply to
witfal

For me, it was eerie having such a smooth commute to work last Monday and Tuesday evenings. I live north of San Diego County and have a northbound commute to work.

Reply to
Truckdude

Heh, for once we agree. Add: make it public. For all others on death row for whom there is *no* uncertainty about guilt, let the victims decide their fate.

Reply to
F.H.

Again, you are announcing as fact something that is totally unsupported by any available information.

And, depending on how semantically stringent you want to be, it could be effectively argued that all fires not started by lightning strikes are a form of arson, as they are all the unnatural by-product of human habitation, whether it be a downed power line, a spark from a catalytic converter, or whatever.

Reply to
badlands420

I would be thrilled if you could explain how I'm doing this.

Reply to
badlands420

Apparently I'm not alone in my assertion of property in that area:

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

"Truckdude" ...

*snip*

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

"Jeff Strickland"

Well, if they have flooding, she's all set with flotation devices.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

And if she ends up in a mud pit with a couple other bimbos, it's a pay-per-view extravaganza!

Go Pads !

Reply to
Swillabrew

"Swillabrew" ...

You guys are hopeless.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

"Jeff Strickland" ...

Repeat after me:

"Breasts are just fat and tissue."

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll

Well, yeah, but it's one of our most endearing qualities. : )

Go Bolts !

Reply to
Swillabrew

So is steak.....