Re: OT Navy shoots.... SCORE!!!!!!!!

> Well Done!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > > Hey North Korea, China and Iran....did you notice our technology? > > -- > > Scott in Florida

Wow, we can still hit a moving target. Surprising.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

A fete? A large elaborate party? Who did the Navy use to cater the event?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'm sure you meant "feat", and it certainly isn't baking cookies.

But any country with a technologically advanced military can do what was done recently. I'm not belittling the feat as I'm guessing that this shoot-down, though kinetic only, was foundational research for more advanced future abilities.

Reply to
witfal

There must've been some Navy people who wanted to fete the feat, and they would've been justified in doing so.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Both words are used to confuse students taking the SAT. You'd better start studying.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Range and speed are basic requirements. Calculating an unknown trajectory in real time, as would be the case with intercepting an ICBM, is far more difficult.

I have no doubt we'll be the first kids on the world's block to accomplish this with consistency. And I love it.

Reply to
witfal

Tennis players do this all the time. Or, they hope to.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Scott,

Some of these people have no clue what-so-ever and I'm not wasting my time with them.

Reply to
dbu

aaaah ha ha ha! That's funny, coming from a boy who gets his "information" from a news source written by some unwashed hermit living in a remote cabin in Utah.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

We'll never really know for sure. Jeff is ashamed to reveal his news sources.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

No, J. S. is a real party animal!

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Yet once again your hatred of the military and its accomplishments continues to blare. Not once in this thread have I read you being impressed or even proud of what they have been able to do. Not only that, but now you compare our highly-advanced defense weapons to a tennis game? Just imagine if they had missed the satelite -- your gloating would be revolting. You disgust me.

Reply to
badgolferman

You never saw me give even the slightest indication that I hate the military.

Who told you to say that?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom