Re: OT Take time to remember those who have fallen for you...

"Scott in Florida" ..

Today is the day to remember all those that have fallen for your > freedom. > > Take a little time to remember them. > > They are the reason you are free. > > -- > > Scott in Florida

No problem. It's much more difficult to *forget* them, for me.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

As in years past, I'll remember the personnel who died during my service period. Like the kitchen helper who burned to death lighting a field stove, the driver who stayed with his vehicle on a flatbed railroad car, and fell off the train when he tripped over a tie-down, and the 22 who died on an R and R flight that left Kimpo airport and only remained aloft about eight minutes before crashing in the Han River near Seoul. One of those victims was a young fellow I knew, who'd never flown in an airplane before. True, they didn't die in combat, killed by a bullet or a bomb, but they were serving our country just as faithfully as those who did. RIP, guys.

Reply to
mack