Re: OT - the cars of the Administration

That's funny, but maybe not so funny to union workers.

Reply to
dbu'

Well, unfortunately, the big union bosses support the dims. I can't say who the memberships will support in the next election. Hopefully they will think for themselves and not let big shot union bosses tell them who to vote for again.

Reply to
dbu'

Yes, that fact seems almost criminal. I think there should be a law against using union dues to support a political agenda. Why don't union members complain about it. I know some union members who think their dues are too high and not being used to THEIR advantage. So far, they seem to be powerless to change it, as you say.

Reply to
dbu'

Can't be all bad. At least one aide has a spouse who has a Peugeot 505 S. Good car. Handles great.

JEff

Reply to
Jeff

I was surprised to learn that unions can spend money on political activities from regular dues. That, IMHO, should be a voluntary deduction from the member's paycheck, if the member wishes to support the activities.

JEff

Reply to
Jeff

They can:

1) Voice their opinion to the union leadeship.

2) Become union leadership, or at least shop representatives or delegates.

3) Voice their opinion to members of Congress.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I agree, and the same should apply to corporate revenue. Permit only individuals to make political contributions, and limited them to $100 a person.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

That doesn't logically follow from campaign donations.

Singapore pays its top officials around $1M - $2M a year to keep them honest. We should pay our top officials at least as much.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly