Re: {OT:} Time to break up America into autonomous regions?

I no longer think one American government can govern over the defacto

> regions that are forming in America. There are observable differences > between areas: the South, the north east, mid-atlantic, mid-west, west > coast, the west (east of the rockies). Maybe even the southwest and > the southeast. > > These regions have conflicting cultures that at times are in direct > opposition to each other. The regions compete as if they are separate > countries. No government can satisfy the electorate in all these > regions. This is what is causing the constant pre-civil war mentality > in some areas. > > The only sane way out is an American Union of regions, similar to the > European Union.

JoeSpareBedroom

This means you don't have any problem if we refuse to be responsible for your debts, right? Left to their own means, I think there's a high probability the northeast and west coasts will exterminate themselves, which would be fine with most of the rest of us.

=================

In which state are you located?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Far away from your version of "Amerika"

==========

Thank you for indicating that you don't want anyone taking a look at your state's budget. That was easy.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Typical old Joe, refusing to answer the question...

==========

The question cannot be answered without more information. In which state are you located?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I think it is easier to discuss solutions rather than wait for civil wars to break out as some regions start attacking other regions over political and religious issues. We are not too far from that now. I don't want to live in a rightwing fascist America and we are heading for that.

============

The sky is not falling, Ed.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

There's some correlation with this map:

at least with the core of the dumbness.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Wouldn't it be, Californistan?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

One day, not long from now, in a highrise office building somewhere along the Left Coast, a phone rings -- ring ring, ring ring -- and a sing-song voice answers, "Western Regional Headquarters of Dumbfuckistan, Col. Pelosi speaking, may I help you?" ... "Babs, it's for you..."

Reply to
Jeff Strickland