Re: {OT:} Wasilla druggie arrested

>>> Looks like Bristol's baby daddy's momma has been arrested on six >>> felony drug charges. The Palins would have turned the white house >>> into a trailer park meth factory. >>> >>> Hoo-yeah! > > Don't forget Cindy McCain's uncle's cousin's nephew's daughter-in-law's > hairdresser got caught writing fake prescriptions for Vicodin. > >> We don't need to remember because Cindy McCain wrote fake >> prescriptions herself, on a prescription pad she swiped from a health >> charity for the poor, from which she stole narcotics. >> Zero jail time served. > > We could hardly forget that one, Larry. Another well-timed hit piece > by the left-wing media. > > > What member of the left-wing media forced Cindy McCain to steal drugs > > and a prescription pad and write fake prescriptions? > > How many years back should they go? >

As far back as is relevant.

Why didn't Obama's illegal drug use become their focus? Why the timing?

You're obsessed with unimportant timing. That's so typical of cocaine fiends. ;)

I'd say the press didn't make it much of an issue because they thought it was boring because Obama had already confessed to it, and every candidate, left and right, has admitted to illegal drug use, except the candidate who by far had the most problems with it. The latter could explain why the press didn't bring up drug use -- why should they apply a stricter standard to Obama when they virtually ignored GW Bush's far worse drug and problem and its continued affects on him while he was in the White House?

If Obama's drug use was a worthy issue, why didn't even the wacko right-wing press try much harder to bring it out? Neither Bill O'Reilly, Michael Savage Wiener, G. Gordon Liddy, Ann Coulter, or Rush Limbaugh said nearly as much about it as about Obama's citizenship status. Explain that. At least explain why the ones who without their own drug problems didn't make it much of an issue.

> If you cannot understand the obvious fact > that this election was the first coup truly orchestrated by the > media, then we really don't need to discuss this any further.

It's funny when people call an opinion or complete falsehood an "obivious fact", as you just did, but to address your contention I have to ask: what left-wing media? The Washington Post has right wingers Charles Krauthammer and George Will, and the NY Times has David Brooks and the bizarre and incompetent William Kristol, the latter hired well after Republican power had peaked. Talk radio has been about 90% right-wing since the 1980s, and think tanks are mostly right wing PR machines. Left-wing Air America probably has a smaller audience than just a few of Rush Limbaugh California outlets alone, and MSNBC was way outnumbered by Fox News and CNN (with kooky and not- so-bright Glenn Beck). Coverage of Obama and McCain varied during the campaign, and while Obama got much more favorable coverage later on, McCain had been doing better earlier. Sarah Palin was initially actually fawned over by the press (glamorous, charming, can-do frontier woman) and wouldn't have been treated as an idiot if she had never spoken as an idiot. Favorability of coverage for Obama and McCain probably tracked opinion polls more than anything else.

IOW your theme about a coup by the press is plain silly.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

Conscience can't help being the way he is. He was brung up funny, just like everyone else from his neck of the woods.

JoeSpareBedroom

What a sadly accurate map.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly