Re: {OT} Veterans Day

I'll never get that. I don't think it means they're closet

> gays, but I guess it's the 'ultimate' insult to a heterosexual > man, so it's used for that purpose?

Classically, it's the insecure ones who feel disturbed by a third party seeming to endorse their own doubts about themselves. They often feel -- as they are, by definition, imperfectly informed on what a "real man" would/should feel when called in such a fashion

-- thrown off balance and react as if the challenge was a violent attack. The secure ones can laugh it off, being confident within themselves that the "charge" is BS.

Or something. ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Stephenson