Re: {OT} WHAT?!?!?!?!

Hershey is going to close the York Peppermint Pattie plant.

> > All work from the plant will be going to MEXICO?!?!?!?! > > (At least it's not China. How do Peppermint Patties taste with lead?) > >

I'll do my research to make sure this is true, but if so Hershey's has lost my business and will get a letter stating such.

Reply to
Reasoned Insanity

Looks to be be true.

"READING, Pa. - Production of York Peppermint Patties and other candy brands is coming to an end at The Hershey Co. plant in Reading, Pa. After 23 years in Reading, the chocolate maker is closing the plant Friday and moving production to a new factory it has built in Monterey, Mexico. It will mean the loss of 300 jobs in the southeastern Pennsylvania city. The plant also makes 5th Avenue and Zagnut candy bars and Jolly Rancher hard candies." B~

Reply to
B. Peg

Hershey has already closed the plant in Reading Pa, that made Peppermint Patties, but chocolate plant in Hershey is still operating.

It is a shame Companies can not even afford to make candy in the US anymore, because of our stupid govenment. I'll bet Milton Hershey a true philanthropist who used the profits from his business to house and educate poor children, is turning over in his grave

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Previous Republican Governors, Ridge and Sweiker, lowered business and other taxes in Pennsylvania but Dim Governor Eddie 'Spendell' and the Dim House of Representatives have raised taxes every year for the past six years. Most of the money goes to Philadelphia and Public transportation and "green" projects and other rat holes yet the Governor cut off funds to a "Oil From Coal" plant

My one son works for the Dept of Labor and Industry and he tell me companies are leaving the state and other are not growing since Rendell is Governor. One reason strangely enough is, even though the unemployment rate is about the national average, there are only three qualified employees for every five available jot in the state. That's sad! How do people expect to get jobs without a skill or an education? No wonder companies send job overseas.

Reply to
Mike Hunter