Re: Re: A/C Compressor seals

I would not mind spending the money on a new

>compressor, but would rather find an aftermarket distributor of the >seals >required and pay the labor to have them replaced. >

Poor advise, that compressor is old and the labot and cost with repplacing seals is a poor investment because once compressor is torn done to replace seal there is no guarentee it will work for long because also the seals might have failed because of excessive end play in bearing for wear causing shaft to wooble in seals. Two choice here, get a after market rebuilt compressor if the car is still good body wise and you plan to drive it for a while or drive it without air because paying to get seals in is a poor investment on such a old system. Least not forget that if you use R1234 it will place even more strian on that old compresor form higher pressures and it could fail quickly.

Reply to
SnoMan