Re: Stiff steering - not exactly

Thank you everyone who gave me great advice. I forgot to mention, stiff steering/loss of free play happens only after have my car serviced, so it should not be a mechanical problem (they check for problems?) Probably the mechanic follows some procedure recommended by manufacturer, thinking they do me a favor. Maybe adjusting something? Next time will ask very clearly to do nothing except what I asked for.

Reply to
vmkng

The only thing a shop might do that would affect steering effort is adjust tire pressure. If you normally have your tires set at or near the maximum pressure listed on the tire, then they are probably letting some air out to the manufacturer's recommended pressure.

Reply to
Ray O