Ingnition coil

How hard is it to repalce the ingnition coil and how would I do it. Thanks

Reply to
mighty

The ignition coil is pretty easy to replace. Remove the low and high voltage wires, remove the coil, reverse the process.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks Ray. any special tools needed

Reply to
mighty

You're welcome!

No special tools needed. Depending on your model, just a screwdriver or ratchet and socket, probably 10 mm.

Reply to
Ray O

Depends a bit on your vehicle, on my older toys, the "in the distributor" coil had a couple of very fussy tiny screws, which were quite tough to get out after 200K. If you are not careful, it would be easy to strip those heads, so if it's what you face, just take it slow and make sure to use the proper size phillips. Otherwise, as stated, very simple.

Reply to
timbirr