Re: Taxes, Who always raises them?

If one did a search the would dicover EVERY tax you can think of was passed by the Dims. The last tax cut by a Dim was the Kennedy tax rate cut.

Per Scott in Florida: >>I have to agree that the 'Republicans' have stayed, but not as far as the >>Dims... > > Turning a 200 billion surplus into what?.... Half trillion > deficit? Probably more by all accounts. One can attack > the 200 billion surplus numbers.... but nobody can say it was > deficit. Likewise, with enough creative accounting, one > can probably minimize the current deficit.... but I don't think > that any responsible person would deny that it's size is > significant. > > That's a pretty big stray for a party whose traditional values > are rooted in economics 101 - or used to be. > > Don't get me wrong: I don't think the dems are going to be any > better. > > Now that the party of supposed fiscal responsibility has > discovered that it can successfully pander to the credit card > mentality, it seems to me like there's really no hope at all - > and the dems are going to do the same thing. > > Anybody else hear the attacks on Huckabee to the effect that he > raised taxes in his home state? > > In the long run we're all going down either way unless the > national consciousness is somehow miraculously raised to include > the idea that you have to pay for what you buy and paying now is > a *lot* cheaper than paying later.... and if you don't want to > pay now you probably shouldn't buy now. > > But I wouldn't hold my breath. > > > My only rationales are: > -------------------------------------------------------------- > - Turning around and voting again for the guys that sold me out > in such a huge way would send the wrong message - not that > anybody gives a damn how one wacko in southeastern Pennsylvania > votes - but still... > > - Seems to me like the only thing that's left after the > Republicans reneged on monetary/fiscal responsibility is a > bunch of mean-spirited people who pander to the religious > right and politicize science and technology to a degree > that previous politicians have only dreamed of. > > - If I live long enough, I'm probably going to be ruined by > inflation either way, so I might as well vote for the side > that shows a little heart for the have-nots. > -------------------------------------------------------------- > > OTOH, his party aside, I could go for McCaine. He fell off the > "straight talk express" briefly during the market thing in > Baghdad... but in general he seems to have the most personal > integrity of all of them. > > Rudy seems too combative and egotistical to have his finger on > the trigger. I've also read accounts of him firing people > because they got too much good press - taking glory away from > him. And then there's judgment and the Bernie What's-His-Name > thing.... But the combativeness alone disqualifies him in my > book. > > Huckabee sounds like the mensch of the group, but not believing > in evolution has such wide-ranging intellectual implications - > aggravated by the current administrations's politicization of > science. Besides, a number of truly horrible rulers have been > notably charming.... so the mensch bit probably counts for zip. > > Romney's such a chameleon that I don't have any feeling for who > he is. > > Going back to the dems, I've heard Warren Buffet - who I would > say probably has more IQ points than me, my immediate family, and > all my ancestors put together... and is definitely nobody's fool > - say that both Clinton or Obama are fully capable of doing a > good job. > > My biggest worry is having a democratic president and a > democratic congress at the same time. Maybe I'll vote > Republican next congressional go-around. > > Seems like the same party in power in both places is just bad > ju-ju. Republican/Republican... Democratic/Democratic.... same > thing. Too many hands in the cookie jar and not enough > adversarial relationships to make them at least feel nervous. > -- > PeteCresswell
Reply to
Mike hunt

Every?

From

: "Following what seemed to be a yearly tradition of new tax acts that began in 1986, the Revenue Reconciliation Act of 1990 was signed into law on Nov.

5, 1990. As with the '87, '88, and '89 acts, the 1990 act, while providing a number of substantive provisions, was small in comparison with the 1986 act. The emphasis of the 1990 act was increased taxes on the wealthy."

In 1990, GHW Bush was president, the Republicans controlled the Senate. The Democrats controlled the House. The Rebulicans definitely were involved in passing the 1990 tax increases.

I can find more examples, but since you said "every" one is enough to prove your statement incorrect.

You might also enjoy reading this article on the affects of GW Bush's '03 Tax Cuts

Republicans have done a great job of cutting the taxes of the very wealthy. The rest of us should pay more attention to what they are doing to US. If you want a society, you have to have taxes. Not all taxes are bad and not all tax cuts are good. Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

The interesting thing is that if you give the money to poor people, they will spend it. A lot of middle class people will use it to pay down debt. If you give it to the wealthy, they will invest it.

So, if the goal of the tax rebate is to have people spend it, you get more bang for the buck by giving it to the poor people.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

If one did another search, "the" would "dicover" that almost all the debt was created by 3 Republicans - Reagan, Bush, Sr., and Bush, Jr., and the cost to each household is $3,000+ a year. But they didn't raise taxes, but they didn't raise taxes, but they didn't raise taxes,...

Reply to
beerspill