The Chevy Echo

Yeah, I said *Chevy* Echo - well, sort of. The last Echoes made look nearly exactly like one of the Chevys produced around the same time (the unique styling of my first-line Echo was gone). WTF *is* that Chevy anyway? I see them all the time, and mistake them for later model Echoes, but never catch the model name.

This might be a good one for Hachi...

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

The Chevy is the Aveo.

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O" ...

Ah - thanks!

:-)

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

Any time!

Reply to
Ray O

"Ray O" wrote in news:20029$467069db$44a4a10d$ snipped-for-privacy@msgid.meganewsservers.com:

Which is really a Suzuki Swift rebadged as a Chev.

Reply to
Tegger

Actually, it is a rebadged Daewoo Kalos. Daewaoo is a Korean automaker owned by GM and Suzuki. There is a Canadian Suzuki Swift+, which is also a rebadged Daewoo Kalos. (I think GM owns a small portion of Suzuki, like 3% of it.)

The Suzuki Swift is a different car, altogether.

The Geo Metro and Geo Tracker were Suzuki Swifts and Sidekicks.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Good gawd - from bad to worst! They can't even make a decent boom box.

I was in the showroom, about to sign the papers on a Samurai(!). I suddenly started barfing my head off. I thought it was food poisoning, combined with breathing cleaning fumes after cleaning Bob's bachelor pad's bathroom earlier that day (I thought the fixtures in there were gray - turns out they were actually white...MEN).

I ended up leaving the Suzuki showroom by ambulance (I could *not* stop puking!). Totally trashed a few cars on display there. A pregnancy test was negative, so I thought nothing of it.

After I was a couple of weeks later, I got another pregnancy test, which was positive (on April Fool's Day, no less).

I later told my son he saved me from buying a dangerous vehicle.

LOL

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I wonder what it was. I mean, I never heard of pregnancy suddenly causing vomiting like that. Of course, there are huge hormone swings in pregnancy, so I may be wrong. I suspect that you really had food poisoning, a virus or some sort of toxin exposure.

Jeff

PS, the hormones in pregnancy is like a toxin exposure, so that was CMA action.

Reply to
Jeff

Nah, it was just morning sickness. But I'm sure my anxiety at making a large purchase had something to do with it as well.

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

It sounds like all-day sickness!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I do not know but have you seen the Chevrolet Volt? It looks pretty sweet.

Reply to
GO Mavs

I dunno, but I wish they still made this:

I might actually stop driving Toys if they did!!!

In an attempt to answer, I think the Chevy Echo is a 'crossover' SUV/Wagon that was a concept, but I can't find anything about it!

Reply to
Hachiroku

A lot of them *look* good....

Natalie

Reply to
Wickeddoll®

I used to own one of those; my first car, in fact.

Terrible rear suspension. Propensity to rust and a column shifter that would jam in 2nd gear. Nice looking car tho; and all these faults could be fixed much cheaper that buying a "new" car.

But braking, handling, fuel economy, power, noise and seats still would be below par by today's standards - especially the handling and braking.

Reply to
Bob

IIRC, it had front drums...

My mom bought one that had been used by the local electric co. Had 150,000 miles on it. With the usual brakes, shocks, and exhaust, it went another

100,000 miles and then she just got tired of it and bought our first new Toyota. Sold it to a "kid" that drove it to Seattle, drove around for 2-3 years in WA state, and then drove it back! Imagine my surprise seeing the thing rolling back into town with ~300,000 miles, and not looking too much worse than when it left! (ours was a '64 and didn't rust very much at all...two spots I can recall when we sold it...)
Reply to
Hachiroku

Great idea I think. Too bad it's only a concept so far.

Reply to
RT