rebuilding advice needed for 1985 corolla, 4A-C engine, 2BBL carb

My 1985 corolla with 4A-c engine, federal emissions, Rear wheel drive, 2 barrel carburetor is running very rich. I don't know what the problem is, but I figure I'll wind up tearing apart the carburetor to fix it. I could use some guidance. I spent $27 at AutoZone for a GP Sorensen brand rebuild kit. should I use this aftermarket kit? I havn't priced the OEM stuff, but I'm thinking it will be a lot more expensive. For example, I did price the AAP diaphragm at the dealer and that alone was $59, and this $27 aftermarket kit includes that part. Is the OEM equipment superior enough to warrent the price premium? Should some parts be purchaser only from the Toyota dealer?

Any advice on how to repair the internals of this carb?

Ladies and gentlemen, thanks in advance for the suggestions!

-Mark Lum

Posted using QuadSucker/News,
... the ultimate tool for newsgroup downloading!-----------------------------------------------------------
Reply to
pretty

user

Thanks for the feedback. Does anyone else have experience with OEM vs. aftermarket carb parts?

-Mark

Reply to
Mark Lum

My only experience is with OEM carb parts - never had a problem.

Reply to
Ray O