removing window handle on door

i'm trying to remove the door panel on the driver's side but for some reason i can't pull the window handle from the door. It's the handle that u will have on non power window model to raise the window up and down.... there's is suppose to be some kind of clips that is retaining it but i can't remove it...

Step by step instruction would be loved very much... Btw ..it's a 94 ae101 corolla

Reply to
Nigams Enterprise

There is a horeshoe clip on the backside of the window handle. If you take a rag and slide it back and forth between the handle and the door panel on the open side of the clip, it should come out. Keep an eye on it when it does, those suckers like to fly when they come loose.

Reply to
suckers

Which i way I would recommend safety glasses. When I did it myself, I was watching(closely) the progress and the spring steel popped out and could have hit me.

later,

tom

Reply to
invalid unparseable

a hook can pull the clip off or even the proper tool is very cheap

Reply to
mrcheerful .