Roof top lights?

I'm looking for a bi-directional light that can mount on the roof of my Toyota and be switched on from inside the roof, and would shine to either side of the car so I could see addresses at night. Do they make anything like that? What's it called?

Reply to
Wing Chun

Didn't you post this question earlier in the week? If so, you already have responses waiting for you.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

They make remote spotlights for that - manual and electrically aimed. The mechanical is simplest, but requires drilling a hole in the roof.

I'd use a post spotlight instead, like the cops buy. Unity Products makes them both.

Orderable online orthrough any good auto parts store. For fixed focus lights, they call them "Alley Lights" on police car light-bars - a basic clear foglight you can buy at the auto parts store will have the right beam pattern for that. And you can get a set of roof-rack gutter brackets and a length of 1" square tubing to make your own mounting bar for them.

If you have a paper route, I'd get a small amber rotary beacon or strobe for the center of the bar, just enough to warn people that you'll be driving slowly and making lots of stops and turns, and the occasional driving on the wrong side of the street to toss a paper to a house on the left... BT, DT.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Yes, they are called flashlights.