RS3200 Plus Security System - is dealer installation OK?

I told a local dealer that I would soon be shopping for the exact specific RAV4 below and that I would order it if necessary. The dealer informed me that one nearly identical is arriving from the factory later this month, the only difference being it doesn't have the (V5) RS3200 Plus Security System. It can be installed at the dealer.

Should I be concerned with a DEALER installing this alarm system, instead of having a factory or port installed alarm?

Bud H

2007 Toyota RAV4 Limited V6 4x4

1F7 Classic Silver (exterior color)

10 Ash (interior color, LA leather) CF Carpet Floor/Cargo Mat Set EJ JBL AM/FM 6 CD Changer FE 50 State Emissions HD Heated Seats LA Leather Seat Package MF Mudguards RL Daytime Running Lights SR Moonroof TO Tow Prep Package V5 RS3200 Plus Security System Z1 Preferred Premium Accessories
Reply to
Bud H

The warranty coverage for a genuine Toyota accessory installed by the dealer should be the same as for accessories installed at the factory or port. The advantage of having an accessory installed at the factory or port is that the installers are generally very good at the installation since they do it all day and the accessory will show up on the Monroney Label (commonly referred to as the window sticker) and factory invoice.

That said, genuine Toyota security systems are generally very reliable and trouble-free, which is not always the case with aftermarket security systems.

Reply to
Ray O